Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Emma--my 7 year old


In all of the pictures of Emma's birthday and telling you about all of the fun we had, I never got to share what our beautiful big girl is becoming. She is becoming a loving and giving young girl. She is becoming more beautiful in her character every day. Her teacher told me the other day how different Emma was from some of the others. She said that Emma could sense when others in their class were hurting or upset and would go and minister to them. I was so proud, when I heard Mrs. Nance say that, knowing that God is changing our precious little girl's heart towards Him and who He is more and more. On another occasion, while we were in the car, Emma asked me if she could give some of her money to God and the rest to our Vancouver church---this coming from a little girl who last year it was VERY hard for her to think about tithing. I am loving watching her grow and mature. She is creative and always making up scenarios for us to play out. She is very motherly and loves to help take care of babies. She is a leader at times, and then at times backs down and lets a more dominant child lead. She is a rule follower and wants to please her authority most of the time. She is a treasure and a jewel. So beautiful inside and out and I am grateful to God that He gave us Emma and is allowing us to pour His love into her.

1 comment:

The Haines said...

She is such the little caretaker. I remember when Jackson was an infant, she just wanted to sit and rock him- not paying a bit of attention to what the other kids were doing.