Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I LOVE painted walls!!!

We just had a mission team come to visit from Brandon MS. They had asked what would help us personally and we told them we would love for them to help us paint our townhome!! They even had a very talented artist in the group, so Emma and Ty told her what they wanted on the walls and she was so sweet to meet their requests! They painted the whole apt. a tan color and then we had one wall in the living room that was a steel blue color. Then in Emma's room she wanted lime green with flowers and her name on the wall. Ty had the tan, with one accent blue wall. He asked for the Canucks hockey logo and his name. We are so grateful that they were able to help us out like this. To me, a house just isn't a home until it's painted... now I have a HOME :)
Emma's room.

Ty's logo.

Ty's name.

The blue and tan walls.

We also rearranged our furniture and it's a little roomier :)

4 comments:

The Haines said...

It looks great! I totally agree... it's hard to feel at home with white walls :)

Brittany said...

Love it!!!! So glad the kids got some cool stuff painted on there walls!
And I love that steel blue color.

We HAVE to have a catch up phone call soon!!!!!!
Miss you!

Phillips said...

Thanks Jessica!!

Brittany, I thought about you so many times while they were here, and all of our painting (or more your painting) experiences :). They thought I did all the artwork in their rooms and I quickly told them otherwise!!THanks again for all your hardwork. Ty still has all his paintings (except the silver thing that you stayed up until all hours working on) and Emma still has her handprints/verse above her bed. and YES!! we do need a catch up call SOON!!!

Kristin said...

I love it!! I am so glad that you guys were ministered to in this way! I just love that the Lord knew exactly how to make you feel even more at home and He sent you the perfect mission team to make it happen!