Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Talent Show

A few weeks ago Emma told us she wanted to try out for the Talent Show at her school. Jeff and I were nervous for her, but we knew we needed to let her audition. Jeff made a cd off of itunes for her of "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" and she had to audition in front of the grade 7 teacher (and all of the other kids who came to listen or audition). Emma did great at the audition and all of her friends applauded her. The teacher told her to practice taking a breath before one of the words, and so our little determined girl practiced at home, and her teacher had her practice in front of her class everyday. Then, the big day came, and after much prayer and practice Emma was not nervous at all and did AWESOME. Jeff and I kept trying to get her to take her words up with her, in case she forgot, but she wouldn't. She kept saying she knew the words. Finally, I realized I need to trust God that He would help her do her best. We were so proud of her for getting up there, by herself, and doing the best she could. She's way braver than me!!!

Before the show began.



About to sing.



Singing.


I need to add, Emma told me she wanted to wear her blue and white polka dotted dress and do her hair in braids. She also wanted to carry a basket with a ToTo look-a-like. She was so funny, she said, " I want it to look like Dorothy, but say Emma too" Too CUTE!!!




No comments: