Thursday, August 7, 2008

1st day of 1st grade!!!!

Well today was the big FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR 1ST GRADE!!!!! When I asked Emma last night if she was nervous about anything, she said getting the answers wrong on the test. I quickly reassured her there would be no tests today and that when she did have tests we would study for them so she would know the information, and that all we ever wanted her to do was her best and if she got some answers wrong, that was ok as long as she did her best. Then I asked her what she was most excited about--she said sitting in her own desk!! This morning Emma did not want to wake up -- but after she did she had waffles for breakfast, sat and watched a little tv, got dressed, brushed her teeth, we did her hair and then the pictures started. She wanted to take one outside to act like she was riding the bus!!! Then after pics we headed off to school, it started raining, actually pouring!!!! By the time we actually got to school (a 5-10 min drive took about 25min!!!) it was just sprinkling. We walked her in, she sat down at her desk and the teacher had them start a picture of themselves exactly how they looked on the first day. We took a couple of pics of her and then we left. She looked so big sitting in her own desk!!! Jeff and I weren't nearly as emotional as last year, but it is sad to see your little one grow up so fast. The time goes by WAY to fast.


Emma with her backpack

Emma "waiting for the bus"-we actually took the minivan!!

Emma at her desk

Emma starting to work on her picture of herself

9 comments:

beth spray said...

wow big girl! hope she had a great day! it was good to talk to you this morning!! miss you bunches!

Amy Corbin said...

Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe she already started school! Rylie doesn't start back until September 4th so I feel like we still have forever! I know it will be here before we know it though! How fun!

Angie Wyatt said...

She does look so grown up!! She looked like a little doll!!

The Walker's said...

Oh my! Where does the time go? Emma looks so big. How does she like the 1st grade? Our kids start school Thursday. We are very excited!

The Michaels said...

Love it! Of course, 1st grade is the best (maybe I'm partial as that is the grade I teach!)! McKenna picked out the exact same backpack as Emma..too cute! Love, Jamie

Brittany said...

One day she is going to realize riding the bus isn't the "cool" thing to do!

Tina Braswell said...

Hey! Emma is so cute. I got emotional thinking that will be Hannah in 2 short years. Your family picture on the blog is awesome! Hope you guys are doing well.

Jenny from the Block said...

i'm just bragging, but look what i can do now. :)
emma is so big! it makes me so sad, but she is soooo stinkin' cute and hilarious. ya'll are doing a great job!

Anonymous said...

Ummm she looks older to me. Is it because she has that grown up bookbag? I don't know but it is scary when this starts to happen!