Monday, March 17, 2008

SPRING BREAK Day by Day

Well, it all started on Friday March 7th, we let Emma skip school and headed on our way to Little Rock to catch our flight to Dallas. About an hour outside of LR it started snowing pretty hard. We didn't think it had been snowing too bad in LR so we thought our flight would still be ok (boy were we wrong). We got to the airport and it still said the flight was on time and so the kids and I checked in and said goodbye to Jeff. We got food by the gate and sat down to eat. First, they cancelled the flight next to us. Then, about 20 min later they cancelled our flight!!! It really doesn't sound that bad but inside I was STRESSED OUT. I was having to make decisions about where to go and what to do, and I had NO IDEA what to do. So after talking to my dad and Jeff numerous times, we decided my dad would drive to LR and pick us up then we would drive back to Dallas (actually Emma got on the phone and said 'PaPa come get...' and I grabbed the phone away from her and said don't listen to that. A few min. later he called and said,'I'm on my way'. Thankfully we have some friends in LR, so BJ and Kyle picked us up after being in the airport about 4 hours and took us to BJ and Jenny's house to stay for 2 more hours. My dad met us a little outside of LR and we drove to Dallas and got to MiMi and PaPa's about 11:30. WIPED OUT--or for Emma KEYED UP!! Through this all the kids were incredibly good and just had the most fun wherever they were. These are pics of Ty playing Bball in the airport. He and Emma playing "airport" in the airport and Both of them in the snow at BJ and Jenny's. WHEW --day one was long for me!!!




3 comments:

beth spray said...

WOW - what a way to start spring break!! That cracks me up that Emma asked your dad to come get you and it doesn't surprise me in the least that he did!!!

Angie Wyatt said...

Bless your heart. I would have been sooooooo stressed out!! Thank you LORD for our parents!! I am glad it all worked out. Looks like all of you had lots of fun. I love the picture of Emmma and Ty with their arms around each other!! Too cute!

Angie Wyatt said...

Oops!! Typed too many m in Emma's name!!