Monday, August 13, 2007

1st Day of School!!!

Well we have made it to a point in Emma's life where I'd never really thought we would be, SCHOOL. People have continually told me since she was born how the time would fly and these were the best days, when they were at home. Many days I wanted to explain to those people how sometimes one day at the age of 2 or 3 could actually seem like a week!!! But now as I get teary eyed I am realizing just how precious all of that time was. I think about all of the park visits, art projects, dressing up, playing mommy etc. and I realize how wonderful it all was. I keep thinking about how I could have been wiser with my time with her that I had her all to myself! But all I can really do now is learn from it and make the most of every opportunity with both of my children. These pics show you just how excited and ready she really was for school today!! She woke up and was ready to go. We got there a little early so she sat in line in the activity room (carpeted gym) with our neighbor friend Adyn, who is also in her class and then walked her to her class when the bell rang. She has a wonderful teacher who greeted her at the door and made her feel at home and then allowed them to pick a seat and draw a picture of themselves. Dad was teary-eyed before we left the room and I cried in the car, but after that we gathered ourselves and went about our day. It will definitely be a day I never forget!!!





4 comments:

Beth said...

Sarah,

This is Beth Miller, I work with your mom. She had me read your post about Emma starting school. Since I'm constantly praying for a right perspective these days, reading your blog definitely blessed me! When you get a moment, would you email me? I don't have your email address or I would just email you! I have some questions that I feel like you would have some wisdom on. :-) Thanks.

Beth

Beth said...

lol, i dont know if Im clickable, but in case im not, my email is bethmiller42@gmail.com.

beth spray said...

WOW! Okay - that made me cry! I am so glad Emma is enjoying school! Can't wait to see all that she learns this year! I know it is different for you, but what an incredible time for you and Ty!! Enjoy!!

Kristin said...

Sarah,
I am so excited to see your blog. I seriously can not believe that Emma is old enough for school. It seems like so recently that Jeff called to tell me that she was born! I can't wait to read more about your family!! It is so good to hear from you and to hear that you guys are doing so well!!! Emma and Ty are so so cute!!!