Friday, December 4, 2009

Ty as a 5yr Old!

Before I show you all of the pics of Ty's bday I wanted to tell you how special he is. Ty is one of the most giving and caring kids I know (I can say that b/c he's mine :) For example, the other day Emma was losing at a memory game. Ty was willing to give her his turn so she wouldn't be sad she was losing. He always thinks of others and when others are crying or hurting he will go to them and love on them. He never complains about sharing the things he has been given with anyone else. He is my snuggler and loves to sit in my lap in car rider line and read books together. However, he is ALL boy too. Right before we read we have to get out of the car and play a game of football in the grass by the curb. I have loved watching him develop his own football game. He crouches down, say hut (and a few other things) and then throws the ball to me or I throw it to him. Whoever catches it runs toward the other one and then we "tackle" one another!! He loves to play EVERYTHING..superheroes, sword fighting, any sport, the wii, if it has to do with other people he wants to do it. He is very funny about all of us eating, or doing the same thing. If Emma is tall enough to ride a ride somewhere and he isn't, he doesn't want to ride another ride while waiting for her, he would rather just sit and wait for her b/c he wants us all to stick together.
One thing I have realized this year about Ty is that he DOES NOT like change!! When the weather started to get colder and we had to start wearing jeans and long sleeves, it was very traumatic for him. He would worry each night about what he was going to wear the next day. And then cry trying to make a decision about what new clothes to wear. Finally, now that he has worn most of his new clothes he is ok with it. Still he asks about the weather at night so he can prepare in his mind what it will be like the next day. He sometimes is very concerned about his appearance and knows which clothes he does and doesn't like to wear. He LOVES to wear his hair in a faux hawk and wears cowboy boots almost everyday.

I am so thankful for the incredible young man God is shaping Ty into, I can't wait to see how he changes this next year!!

1 comment:

The Haines said...

I can't believe sweet Ty is 5!! He was just a baby when you guys came to Trinity. Time goes by too fast doesn't it? Miss ya'll!