Sunday, January 4, 2009

OK, I don't ususally just write, but this story was just too cute to not share with everyone. Yesterday, while the Jenkins were here, Emma, Ty and Corin were all dancing to some Hillsong Kids Worship. Emma turned off the music and said, "y'all come here we need to talk about something." So Ty and Corin followed her to a corner of the room where she continued to share with them how to ask Jesus into your heart, it went a little something like this:
Emma: Do you know who Jesus is?
Ty and Corin: Yes
Emma: What do you know about Him?
Ty: (mentioned Jesus' name and then something about a four wheeler)
Corin: (I'm not sure, b/c I went to share with Jeff what was going on)
Emma: Would you like to ask Jesus into your hearts?
Ty and Corin: Yes!
Emma : Then pray this after me (she prays a prayer and they repeat it)

Then Emma came to me and said, "Mom, Ty and Corin want to ask Jesus into their hearts" I told her, "great, but they're pretty young so I think we should still talk to them about it some more."
Then Emma said, " OK" and was waiting for me to talk to them, so I said, " What I mean is we need to talk to them over time" She said, "OK" and off she went to play some more.


I am so thankful that even in that cute and funny situation, God is already developing in her a heart to tell others about Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AHHHH! I love it! You two are the greatest parents in the whole world and it speaks through your children. I cannot believe that we are going to be on two opposite ends of the country. I will depend on your wisdom. I am so glad that we have met in such an unsuspecting way. Tim and I are starting to plan to visit in two years so we can see snow....Now you guys need to plan your next Disney trip!!!!