Saturday, October 18, 2008

THE PUMPKIN PATCH

I LOVE FALL!!! I think I really love all of the seasons, for different reasons, but I love fall b/c I love the trees changing, the fall colors and smells--and I LOVE the pumpkin patch!! God has been so gracious to give us WONDERFUL pumpkin patches where we have lived, both in B'ham and in S'haven. I know He understands my heart and how much I love taking the kids to the patch to get their own pumpkin--and He just has blessed us with wonderful patches and farms to go to. Anyway--today was our big Cedar Hill Farm day with the family. We went out to the farm and got to ride horses, pet animals, go through corn and hay mazes, and the most important part--pick our pumpkins!! Ty picked a whopping 26 pounder and Emma's was 22 1/2 (unfortunately we do pay by the pound for these things). We had a wonderful time and usually in the past it has been hot--but (thank you Lord) today was a BEAUTIFUL fall day with the sun shining and a cool breeze!!!


Ty's GIANT pumpkin

It took Emma a good 10min. to find the "perfect"pumpkin. She didn't want dirt on it or scratches--pretty hard to find in an outdoor patch!!:)

Hay Maze

Ty going down the slide on top of a different hay maze

Our sweet girl

Jeff, Ty and Emma on the hayride to get the pumpkins

Entrance to the Corn Maze--which the girls got out of FIRST!!

Ty and Emma before we split into teams in the maze

Ty on Oreo--seriously he tries to get this same horse every year and talks about him for the rest of the year.

Emma on Taco

Watching the chicken show

Petting the animals

On the train

3 comments:

beth spray said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
beth spray said...

i love all the pictures, but i won't be able to let lg see them or she will have a fit that they got to ride horses when they picked out their pumpkins!! too fun!!

Angie Wyatt said...

I love all of your pictures!! The only one missing is the one with you in it!! haha